Re: Changing the name of Pantheon Terminal

2012/3/26 Cassidy James <c@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I think it's important that it be referred to as Terminal on the desktop
> itself, and Pantheon Terminal simply describes that it was designed for our
> DE. It's similar to how there's GNOME Terminal, GNOME Calculator, etc. when
> they're just referred to as Terminal and Calculator on the desktop.
>
> Calling it something else loses that obviousness and just seems unnecessary
> to be honest. Plus "Panther" doesn't tell me what it does at all.
>
> Regards,
> Cassidy James

Thank to FreeDesktop.org specs, it's up to the application launcher
what to display in such cases (see
http://elementaryos.org/docs/human-interface-guidelines/desktop-integration/app-launchers).
"Panther" is OK IMHO and it's compliant with
http://elementaryos.org/docs/human-interface-guidelines/text/naming-your-app

--
shnatsel