Re: Launchpad team for all elementary members

On 23.05.2012 12:20, Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff wrote:

>     Core developers should see those reports. No designers. No casual
>     contributors. No curious users.
>
> I want the crash report to be visible to developer(s) of the app which
> crashed. Unfortunately, it is not possible until http://pad.lv/980726
> is fixed upstream, so I'm proposing a team which includes people who
> already have direct commit access to main branches. I kinda agree that
> designers should not be included.
>
>     You're proposing to grant access to as many people as possible.
>
> No I'm not. "As many people as possible" is making bugs public right
> away. By the way, I have little problem with imlementing /that./
I think you get my point ;-)

>     And I even recall getting confused looks for having separate
>     developer and user teams.
>
> I never knew have user teams in Launchpad. Mind pointing me to one?

There was a Midori users team because a lot of users wanted to join.
Some people genuinely think it's okay to join a team with all access
without even having spoken to any of the developers. I'm frankly against
that.
I can't find it anymore. Maybe it was deleted afterall.

Btw people actively engaging in bug triaging or package maintenance
*are* developers in my book.