Re: About Dialog

I that's more about how Slingshot works as a launcher than the
implementation method. In this case, Slingshot should be aware of QuickList
items (such as Midori's Private mode). I don't think having two .desktops
is the proper way to get the desired result.

Personally, I don't care about how ours apps feel on GNOME that much, but
fwiw GNOME is moving towards putting app-wide stuff in their AppMenus that
appear in GNOME Panel. Like I said earlier, if the actions stuff goes into
FD.o I imagine this would be achieved the same way (from an app dev
perspective) for both GNOME and libunity.

But this is getting off topic.

The problem is, How do we provide a way to access the About dialog in a
consistent and sane manner without requiring a (gear) menu?