Developer Environment For Elementary OS

Today while talking to some fine folks at #elementary-dev that go by the
handles of
victored and voluntatefaber , I wondered if there was any iso build
ready to start working/developing
for elementary.
Now what would be the advantages of having the extra work on getting
this iso out.

1) Errors and bugs can be very damaging to a development environment,
which lead to a constant fight wen testing highly unstable
packages. This makes the developer hell much bigger since everyone tends
to test and run this packages in a somewhat different configuration.
In case of failure, the developer then needs re-set the development
environment to a known stage. This can be very time consuming,
that could be in better use.
It would also reduce the potential hidden errors, and the known phrase
"That's weird, It works in my machine".

2) Individuals that want to start developing in/for elementary could
start right away hacking their way in. And if for some reason they mess
up big time,
guess what ? The iso is right there, re-install, start fresh.

Now I am fully aware that maybe this would be a hard work, and possibly
limiting to the fact that having everything shipped, would mean larger
iso images
which then could be "bad" in terms of upload + updated state of the iso.
So another idea to support this view would go towards a "Elementary
Developer MetaPackage" that would take care of preparing a nice
development environment.

Please feel free to contact me, on any elementary subject. I'll be glade
to reply as soon as I can.

--
Darcy Brás da Silva <dardevelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>