Re: Developer Environment For Elementary OS

Shipping more packages in my opinion is anti-developping philosophy. Each
developer has his own preferred tools. Shipping more text editors, more
libraries, etc is just more bloat in my opinion. Ubuntu and its derivatives
have enough bloat already, since most of these distributions ship with more
than 2000 packages. In my system I have around 1000 packages installed, but
it came with around 600.

Besides, developers should face bugs. It's the best way we can know about
them and fix them (see
http://elementaryos.org/journal/eating-our-own-dog-food).

If you want the libraries needed for developing our software, just use
"sudo apt-get source", *any* developer should know how to get this kind of
tools. Using bazaar to branch and build our tools from source is also
something our developers *must* know how to do.

This "iso" has no real advantages in my honest opinion.