Re: OpenGL performance with Gala

Hi Sergey:

I'm not using the Catalyst driver (but yes, it's an AMD/ATI graphic
card). With the Catalyst there are, in addition, glitches in the picture
(like when a celluloid film "jumps" between frames). I'm using the free
Radeon drivers. The problems whith it are two:

  * slow FPS: the animations are jerky, I think about 20 fps or so. I
suspect this is due to the XWindows protocol, that produces a very big
delay when sending the XDamage signal.

  * big delay between a keypress and the reaction of the sprite: again,
I blame to the need of receiving the XDamage signal in the window
manager and render the whole frame from the application buffer into the
screen.

--
Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)