Re: Hackfest update

2012/10/10 David Nielsen <gnomeuser@xxxxxxxxx>

> Money.. the eternal question. It would be nice if everyone could get me an
> estimate of travel expenses and who needs sponsorship to go. I have not had
> great feedback from companies yet but I am leaving for MonkeySpace in
> Boston on Monday and I will try to sweet talk some people there. I still
> think that crowd funding might be a good option so if Elementary are open
> to that as a group it would be helpful if we could have that campaign e.g.
> via ChipIn go out along with the Luna Beta.
>
> For that I will need to budget everything so please do go to a place like
> Momondo or Kayak and get me a rough price for your flight.

Unsurprisingly, nobody stepped up and directed people to a definite place
to write down the rough price.

As for myself, the flight there and back will cost at about $400. That's
surprisingly cheap, so maybe I'm missing someting. I'm not sure if I'll
need sponsorship yet; I'll have to check that later on.

OS architect @ elementary