Re: Noise doesn't comply to HIG

Shnatsel, assuming your blueprint implemented, would the following be a correct summation of your desired behaviour? I am assuming that none of the mentioned apps are pinned to the dock.

- user logs in, and several daemons start up and check for events.
- when the daemons detect an event of interest, like a new email, message, news, etc, a notification bubble is shown and, if appropriate, an icon in the dock with a batch appears. I would think this would be implemented as a window that instantly minimizes? - Because gala is to treat minimized windows as closed, this applications window would be shown in neither the window or the workspace overviews. The dock, however, would show this window in all workspaces. Clicking on the icon would bring up the application window on the current workspace. - When the user closes this window, the window actually closes (disappears from the dock).

This would be what I would expect of the "background tasks" category.