Re: The future of appcenter

A self-build API, in my opinion, allows for more flexibility and integration with third-party services (such as the Ubuntu Reviews API) than a generated API from Couchbase. It may not necessarily be easier to maintain, however we'll be able to add / remove features at our own speed and not rely on potential breaking changes by Couchbase.

One could say that we could just stick with a particular version of Couchbase to ensure things don't break, but that opens up the doors for future security exploits and vulnerabilities.