Re: Basing elementary on latest and greatest pieces of software

> what do we need in order to get our own repo and automated build
> infrastructure? Is it a hardware issue?

A lot of things I'm afraid. Off the top of my head, the list is as follows:

   1. hardware
   2. pbuilder configuration (mostly done)
   3. some piece of software to accept dput uploads (should exist, but not
   found yet)
   4. some piece of software to create and maintain the repository (should
   exist, but not found yet)
   5. lots of integration scripts to write and secondary systems to set up
   (mailer to report failed builds, etc)
   6. some UI to be able to make sense of all that and manage the setup
   (probably doesn't exist)

OS architect @ elementary