Re: Basing elementary on latest and greatest pieces of software

So I'm gonna enter that conversation here, if we want to have automated
builds for debian based systems not on Launchpad we really need the
following:

   1. Hardware (we already got a virtual server capable of building the
   daily isos, so it should be able to handle this, if needed we can also go
   dedicated)
   2. a build daemon, which is buildd that debian uses for it's build
   machines (we can use that 1 to 1 like launchpad)
   3. a system managing builds and versions (which I'd prefer to build or
   use something highly flexible and adapt)
   4. a repo server that hosts the packages and can support high traffic
   (that's a matter of renting it really)

I don't see any issue in these things, especially the hardware and build
based stuff. Building something to manage the builds and versions should
not be a big deal either, but the real question has to be if we want to go
and diy a Launchpad replacement or use something finished and integrate the
build part into it.