Re: Other languages? (Was Re: Congratulations Luna developers!)

I think there are some misunderstandings:

- The HIG is a must for core elementary OS applications but a recommendation for third party ones.

- If you develop your application using a Model/View/Controller schema, it will be easy to make it look like an elementary OS just changing the View and leaving the original sources for Models and Controllers.

This is why a lot of applications work across different systems, they get the "view/look" from the core libraries and work with a non "core" language.

This is an appropriate way of developing applications, it works well not only for Linux but also for OSX, Windows, iOS, Android, ...