Re: about TDD (Test Driven Development)

We don't write backends so we shouldn't have anything to unit test. By far
the most of the code we write deals with GUI and thus should be tested
using Autopilot.

Even if we do have something to *unit* test, the added complexity, higher
entry barrier and the time spent writing first the unit testing framework
and then the tests is unlikely to pay off.

If you disagree with the above, you're welcome to prove me wrong though.
200+ messages to mailing list have not convinced any of the core devs so
far.

You might have better luck convincing people if you come up with a unit
testing framework, cover an app with unit tests (if you manage to find
something to *unit* test in the first place) and demonstrate that it really
actually saves time in a real-life scenario.

But I expect simply helping us figure out Autopilot and write UI-driven
tests to be much more productive. Either way, the choice is yours.

OS architect @ elementary