Re: Python API for panel applets?

Cool, I'll look at the System Indicator if I can find anything.

I am not familiar with Vala nor C (and I never felt comfortable with any of
the two). I can really only help with Python at the moment.

For now, I am just working on the applet as a stand alone application and
thought about worrying about desktop integration later?

Is the design team the following: http://elementaryos.org/teams/team_ux ?

My current project consists in re-producing the Synapse-style launcher with
the filtering functionalities of the original Synapse, adding other
features, such as "activate window", "note to self", calculator, converter,
google search, google-drive, wikipedia etc. Eventually I would like the
applet to listen and read stuff as well. Basically I want everything to be
3 key strokes away (not satisfied with the current Synapse-indicator).

Another idea I would really like to see happening is a unified inbox
notifier where (summaries of) messages from zillion mails and social media
accounts could be gathered.

B.

On 7 October 2013 15:29, Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff <sergey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx