Re: Wingpanel and Indicators, future?

>Will they use upstart only to get the indicators started, or will there
be a much tighter integration (like gnome with systemd)?

in theory, yes we could use gnome-session we are not sure what they (Ubuntu
guys) will do in the future.

>Honestly it doesn't make sense to lock ourselves into upstart. SystemD is
basically defacto at this point and I have a feeling we'll end up there.

Even if we choose systemd we'll have to keep both upstart and systemd since
all processes are started by upstart in ubuntu.
Or
we could switch to another distro and be safe for the future too
Or
we could wait for debian to decide (for like another 1-2 years?) and move
to debian(?) or see what Ubuntu does. IMHO ubuntu won't abandon upstart.

all the other things that you recommend (Dan) suggests that we make our own
indicators framework (in which i'd like to borrow some concepts form Ubuntu
too), it'll be a lot of work. We need a dev meeting where we can decide
what/how this would work, divide the responsibilities and proceed. It will
be a lot of work since we want to include it in Isis