Re: Anyone coming to FOSDEM 2014?

Very nice! I have been looking into firefox OS myself. I'd love to use a phone that has open source as its base.

I looked into the blackphone, but unfortunately they seem to be more of the same - their recent update to the FAQ on their website actually makes me completely forget about them now.

Their claim:
"Blackphone is the world's first smartphone to put privacy and control ahead of everything else. Ahead of carriers. Ahead of advertising. Blackphone is re-shaping the landscape of personal communications."

The reality:
- They haven’t created their own baseband processor for the first Blackphone
- Their "privacy-oriented tools" only work over wifi
- They will release "as much" of Blackphone code as possible into the open source community. Meaning some of it will be proprietary!!!! This is a scam!
- Their "open source" OS (except for the parts they won't open source) is derived from Android - google is in bed with NSA, we all know that.
- Google continues to shy away from open source in android
- They are a centralized corporation. They can be easily gagged and thus no one can be 100% sure what is really happening at their organization.
- Full 100% open source and peer-reviewed is the only way to go these days for those who care about their security and privacy.

Cheers,
Tristan