Re: Google Summer of Code Ideas

A proper IRC client.

I know Empathy does IRC, but it is unsuitable for real use.
Try opening a few dozen channels in its tabbed interface.
Try idling in a busy channel.

All the real IRC clients either *are* a terminal app,  or look like terminal app in a GTK window. Compare some screens from Textual to XChat.

A client with proper spacing, alignment, typesetting, focus...
In short; a design-driven IRC client.

I think this should be doable in 3 months.

Pepijn