pantheon-terminal cleanup

Hi folks,

I'm looking at pantheon-terminal's source code, and it seems like some of
the communication paths are quite convoluted. I was wondering if it would
be okay if I refactored it so that the various classes don't know so much
about each other (they can communicate over signals and callbacks without
having to know details about how they connect to each other--object graph
assembly can be delegated to a different class). This tight integration
between classes makes it difficult to reason about, which in turn makes
changes difficult and drives up the risk of introducing bugs.

In doing this refactoring, I would be able to add in automated tests
(currently, the tight coupling of components makes testing nigh
impossible). I want to run this by the maintainers first, because it will
be a significant change and I want to know that there is a decent chance of
my changes making it into trunk (I don't want to waste my time or yours!).

Please advise.

Thanks,
Craig

Follow ups