elementary-l10n-en-gb team mailing list archive

Re: Keyboard keys

Hi Chris,

Man, this e-mail really got me by surprise, it took me time to realise it
was elementary-l10n related. Please, use the mailing list in the future; in
that way the discussion can be picked up on by all the members of the team
as well.

*Now, to the issue.* I reckon we don't *really* have a guideline for that.
But the consensus seems to be that they are proper nouns (this is somehow
related to the fact that when you are referring to an interface button,
menu, etc. the word should be capitalised, e.g, " the collaborators are
listed in the About dialogue"). To sum up, just write them as you see them
in a standard UK keyboard, e.g., *Ctrl, Enter, Backspace, PgUp, Cap Locks,
etc.* For those keys that don't have the actual name written on them, use
the full word capitalised: *Shift, Space, Up, Super *(aka. Windows Key),
etc.

Best regards,
Alfredo.