elementary-translators team mailing list archive

Re: We need to improve control over the translation teams.

Hey guys,

Recently I've been making all the changes on
https://launchpad.net/~elementary-l10n-council to make it alive as it was
planned. The plan was to make the current administrators of the teams
memebers of the Council.

But I'm affraid that *it is not a good idea at all*. To test it, I made the
Coucil member and Administrator of my l10n teams (British English and
Catalan), and *there's a huge problem: *any member of the Council becomes a
undirect member of the team, that means they have access to the translation
of other teams. For instance, everyone on the Council should be able now to
translate both English (UK) and Catalan strings, giving undesired results
in a moderated-membership team.

*This issue has made me rethink how the Coucil should be formed*. Sadly,
the Council should be formed by a very few people. I think the best we can
do is following the former plan: David Gomes and Eduard Gotwig should be
the coordinators and members of the team. So, basically, as David
commented, most of members have David or Eduard as admins. The use of the
council would simply make the process more transparent and would allow
people understand why Eduard or David (or even elementary-core, as I've
seen) are Administrators of such teams.

*In short, we should keep the same organisation of the teams (David and
Eduard as extra Admins), but keeping a more transparent and effective
coordination.*

I'm sorry this didn't go as planned :(

Regards, Alfredo Hernández.