enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Success stories

Hello everyone,

It looks like we have one group of people who are free to use whatever they
want on the server side and another group who are forced to use
their existing Microsoft infrastructure.

We all have different conditions and we have to accept that but when
the number of Ubuntu clients increase things may change and we may be
allowed to change the server side.
We can still make Ubuntu better then Windows even if we are using
the existing Windows infrastructure because all tools do not have to be
identical to the ones used on Windows.
If the Ubuntu client can work in both the Windows world and the
Open/Free world at the same time and Windows clients are locked into their
own servers only then we will win.

Even if you are allowed to use whatever you want on the server side you
have to pick the applications and configure them.
Which ones are you using and would you recommend them?
Lets share the success stories and help others to use the best tools
available.

Many of us who are forced to work in a Microsoft environment have found
very good solutions.
If we share those success stories we can make it much easier to use Ubuntu
in our companies.

The internet is already full of people complaining so lets focus on
success stories or at least facts ;-)

Best regards
Ove