enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Antwort: Sketch

Ballok, thanks for your initiative with the sketch (did you merged all
topics on 'need' page [1] into the sketch?).

I would suggest not to use a single document for the whole Wiki but one
page per task/topic (see also help topic 'Structure in the Wiki' [2]).
Extensive topics should have an overview page which helps to decide which
solution fits the best in my enterprise.

Each topic should be task-oriented (like in the O'Reilly Cookbooks) as we
have to solve real-life problems and need best practices for this.
Based on the feedback I prepared a suggestion for a possible template for
the pages: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Enterprise/PageTemplateSuggestion

Each topic has
* a description of the task/goal to achieve.
* an assessment which gives an overview on what version the provided
solutions are working and if they are supported.
* one or multiple solutions of the task. Each one should end with a
distilled receipt in form of a reusable script.
* a discussion of the solution(s).
* further reading for more insights or links to documentation/articles.

I am aware that such a complete article is not possible in every case.
Because of this we should see the template as best effort.

Concerning pages that already exist in the Ubuntu-wiki (like the Citrix
Howto [3]) I would suggest to move them into our wiki and redirect the old
page if they are related to enterprise and not in particular interest for
end users. In other cases we can link to them in the further reading
section.

Regards,
Michael

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Enterprise/Needs