enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Desktop virtualization

Actually there are quite many suppliers on the market. Choice would depend
on what you actual needs (e.g. which geographical locations should be
supported, which operating system would you need to have installed, what
protocol would you use, how extensively would you use the VD). Quite vast
number of suppliers on the web. As I know, there are also companies who aim
to provide single virtual applications, instead of full desktop. ;)

For this moment it's to early to share brand names, as we haven't decided
yet, but firsts tests are very promising. I would say that if you do not
need to keep infrastructure on-site (e.g. due to security reasons) there is
no need to set up your own virtual environment- cloud based is much cheaper
and more efficient/flexible.

We will surely share some details (a case study?) when we launch the
concept.

Pozdrawiam,
Regards,
Pawel
Paweł Zięba / Senior IT Innovation Consultant
Capgemini BPO T&T Innovation CoE

Mobile: +48 664 178 331
Landline: +48 12 394 65 46
Google Talk: pawel.zieba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx