enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Handling updates that can change configuration settings

I just got around to playing with this. These changes help is most
situations.

unattended-upgrades was able to upgrade grub without any prompt! I also
tried hard shutting down in the middle of an upgrade - it seemed to recover
fine. So I'm going to start using it.

pam-auth-update - I've seen it silently nuke pam.d confs :( I solved it by
ensuring pam-auth-update works when run with defaults. ie not just hacking
pam.d files.

Thanks Ballock for the advice.