enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: 100% Open Active Directory - Client and Server

Well, of course it would be nice to have the newer Samba4 in Trusty, but development is moving at breakneck speed, and I understand that it might be difficult for Canonical to catch up. Perhaps not even recommended.

These are new features, experimental. So I think the best we can do is to try these new features in upcoming versions (Utopic and what comes after), and plan for a tentative deployment after 16.04 is released. I.e in two years.

There will also come interesting news from the OpenChange-project that relies heavily on Samba4. And hopefully we are also looking forward to big improvements to Jabber/XMPP quite soon.

Regards,
Niklas