enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: End mailing list?

Hi Ove,

Thanks for jumping in!

Yes, I should have included SSSD as well.  That's been fundamental to getting rid of proprietary tools...

I would characterize our attempts to generate interest in making Ubuntu work in a MS-dominated world as frustrating.  The open source projects I pointed to in my last mail have been discussed on many different levels in both an official (as in paying support) and less-official settings but with little traction. This has meant that the work has largely been done in an open bubble of a few people funded by the likes of us rather than as part of the overall Ubuntu ecosystem.

In my world, the effort needed to go from 80% coverage inside such enterprises to pretty-darned-good was relatively small, but my impression is that the interest in making that happen has been very lukewarm.  I know that the Ubuntu community (and Canonical) have bigger fish to fry in the container cloud world, so my intention is not to point fingers.  I just wish the journey had been smoother and faster.

Cheers,

David