Re: Problems with dolfin installation

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 05:44:42PM +0100, Saeed Kamal wrote:
> thnx for the fast reply
>
> Then why should I add dolfin executable path?

The two scripts dolfin-convert (convert meshes from other formats) and
dolfin-swig (used by PyDOLFIN) need to be in the executable path if
the path is non-standard.

If you don't convert meshes and only use the C++ interface, then this
is not needed.

> and why dolfin doesn't check
> for this package? I will try to get it anyway!

Maybe we should add a test for pkg-config, but strictly speaking it's
not necessary for compiling and installing DOLFIN. It's only needed to
build things against DOLFIN if you don't want to manually specify the
compiler flags.

> By the way, last time I used dolfin was 5.12 version, in which
> dolfin-config is used and placed in bin directory!

That's a long time ago and we only recently replaced dolfin-config
with pkg-config + a generated file dolfin.pc.

/Anders