Re: [FEniCS-users] Important information

On Monday 23 November 2009 23:22:33 Anders Logg wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> After a weekend of struggling with setting things up at Launchpad, we
> (Garth, Andy, Harish, myself and others) have converged on something
> that seems to work. Launchpad has a lot of features and many buttons
> that can be pressed so it was a bit of a pain to get it right.

Nice work everybody!

> In summary, everything has changed, and everyone needs to read this
> document:
>
>   http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Development
>
> Below follows a more detailed summary of what has changed:
>
> 1. All code has been moved to Launchpad (almost).
>
> 2. All mailing lists have moved to Launchpad (almost).

So the mailing list connected to the dolfin-team is the old dolfin-dev, and
accordingly for the other mailing lists?

> 3. All mailing lists on fenics.org will be closed down shortly.
>
> 4. fenics-dev@xxxxxxxxxx will remain open for a while until the dust
> settles.
>
> 5. Subscription to mailing lists will be different from subscription
> to bug reports and changesets.

Any bug reports or branch changes will be reported to the dolfin-team list if
one has chosen this? Is it also possible to get blueprint updates?

> 6. The main FEniCS web page (www.fenics.org) can now change character
> and be targeted at users instead of developers. We will address the
> redesign of the web pages shortly.
>
> A summary with details on how to access repositories (branches) and
> mailing list can be found on the following page:
>
>   http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Development
>
> As always, please help out to correct any mistakes or clarify the
> instructions (it's a wiki).

What will the push policy to the main branch be now? Is this connected to the
members of the foo-core team?

What should the function of foo-core teams be? Change status of bugs,
blueprints, or are these actions open for all team members, as it is today?

Would be nice to include an example of creating ones own side branch. This
might be nice in relation to blueprint developments.

Johan