Re: [FEniCS-users] Important information

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:28:00AM +0100, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Monday 23 November 2009 23:22:33 Anders Logg wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > After a weekend of struggling with setting things up at Launchpad, we
> > (Garth, Andy, Harish, myself and others) have converged on something
> > that seems to work. Launchpad has a lot of features and many buttons
> > that can be pressed so it was a bit of a pain to get it right.
>
> Nice work everybody!
>
> > In summary, everything has changed, and everyone needs to read this
> > document:
> >
> >   http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Development
> >
> > Below follows a more detailed summary of what has changed:
> >
> > 1. All code has been moved to Launchpad (almost).
> >
> > 2. All mailing lists have moved to Launchpad (almost).
>
> So the mailing list connected to the dolfin-team is the old dolfin-dev, and
> accordingly for the other mailing lists?

Yes, or rather the traffic that was on dolfin-dev should move to the
new list

  dolfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are still working on importing all old traffic to that list.

> > 3. All mailing lists on fenics.org will be closed down shortly.
> >
> > 4. fenics-dev@xxxxxxxxxx will remain open for a while until the dust
> > settles.
> >
> > 5. Subscription to mailing lists will be different from subscription
> > to bug reports and changesets.
>
> Any bug reports or branch changes will be reported to the dolfin-team list if
> one has chosen this?

No, one will need to subscribe to bug reports and branch changes
manually if one wants them (which should come as a relief to some).
But everyone in the core team receives them automatically.

> Is it also possible to get blueprint updates?

I haven't discovered yet if that is possible, but it would be good to
able to do that.

> > 6. The main FEniCS web page (www.fenics.org) can now change character
> > and be targeted at users instead of developers. We will address the
> > redesign of the web pages shortly.
> >
> > A summary with details on how to access repositories (branches) and
> > mailing list can be found on the following page:
> >
> >   http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Development
> >
> > As always, please help out to correct any mistakes or clarify the
> > instructions (it's a wiki).
>
> What will the push policy to the main branch be now? Is this connected to the
> members of the foo-core team?

Yes. Only the core team can push.

> What should the function of foo-core teams be? Change status of bugs,
> blueprints, or are these actions open for all team members, as it is
> today?

Don't know yet, other than that only core team members should be able
to push.

Note that the teams are not finalized yet. We have 2 x 15 or so teams
so we haven't yet had time to add everyone. You will of course be added
to DOLFIN core team so you can push so you shouldn't worry about that.

> Would be nice to include an example of creating ones own side branch. This
> might be nice in relation to blueprint developments.

Yes.