Re: License

Looking forward, can I make a suggestion on copyright procedures.

The Fluidity project is also LGPL (we're currently 2.1 but that's irrelevant). The way we deal with contributor copyright is by getting contributors and their institutions to write letters explicitly agreeing to LGPL licensing. The letters are on file at Imperial and recorded on our website. In this way we have a nice clean audit trail of copyright consent. This mostly protects us against someone's institution being mercenary in the future.

I think this model would translate straight to FEniCS just by changing the software name and the LGPL version number.

The copyright procedures including sample letters are at:
http://amcg-www.ese.ic.ac.uk/index.php?title=Local:Copyright_Clearance_Procedures

The list of copyright holders and scanned letters from institutions (we don't scan all the individual letters) is at:

http://amcg-www.ese.ic.ac.uk/index.php?title=Local:Copyright_holders

Hope this is of some use.

Regards,

David