Version numbers

We've started on this discussion before but have never come to a
conclusion.

What version numbers should we use for FEniCS itself and the
individual packages?

Before, we have let all packages have their own version numbers, and
then released FEniCS yy--mm (like 2011-06, 2011-12 etc) containing a
collection of the other packages with some specific (but unrelated)
version numbers.

Another option is to use the same version numbers for all packages,
including FEniCS itself.

The question comes up now and needs to be resolved since Johannes is
about to create a release of the meta-package fenics, either 1.0-beta
or 2011-08.

Thoughts?