Re: web server problem

DNS records are cached so you don't always have to wait for the DNS
server.  This caching can happen at the ISP level and higher as well.
By flushing your DNS cache you are removing the record you received.
Usually when one knows that an ip address is going to change, you set
a lower time out and wait the appropriate amount of time, which was
determined by your old timeout, before changing it.  But the issue
could be local or, if enough people are requesting your page, based on
the ISP or borders of autonomous systems.

Its just the infrastructure of the www, I'm guessing your old provider
didn't care about the minutia of managing a seamless transition since
they were losing you.  I would expect that this problem will resolve
itself within the day or at worst the week.

-- Andy