Re: web server problem

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 11:18:00AM -0600, Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
> DNS records are cached so you don't always have to wait for the DNS
> server.  This caching can happen at the ISP level and higher as well.
> By flushing your DNS cache you are removing the record you received.
> Usually when one knows that an ip address is going to change, you set
> a lower time out and wait the appropriate amount of time, which was
> determined by your old timeout, before changing it.  But the issue
> could be local or, if enough people are requesting your page, based on
> the ISP or borders of autonomous systems.
>
> Its just the infrastructure of the www, I'm guessing your old provider
> didn't care about the minutia of managing a seamless transition since
> they were losing you.  I would expect that this problem will resolve
> itself within the day or at worst the week.

Yes, I don't trust my old provider to do anything sensible. That's why
we moved...

Let's just wait a few days. Once it looks stable, we can make
fenicsproject.org work again (without the www).

Currently, this site reports that it works:

  http://www.checksite.us/?url=www.fenicsproject.org

but not this:

  http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=www.fenicsproject.org