Re: Status

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 07:00:54PM +0100, Marie Rognes wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:
> >We've come pretty far on the rewrite of FFC and only a few functions
> >remain. As far as I can see, it remains to implement code generation
> >for the following functions:
> >
> >Kristian:
> >
> >  code["evaluate_basis_all"] = not_implemented
> >  code["evaluate_basis_derivatives"] = not_implemented
> >  code["evaluate_basis_derivatives_all"] = not_implemented
> >
> >Marie:
> >
> >  code["tabulate_entity_dofs"] = not_implemented # Marie doesn't know what this function should do
> >  code["tabulate_coordinates"] = not_implemented # Marie doesn't believe in this function
> >
> >Marie or Kristian:
> >
> >  code["interpolate_vertex_values"] = not_implemented
> >
> >In addition, we need to get the code generation for the integral
> >classes working. It's sort of working for the tensor representation
> >but not at all (?) for the quadrature representation. I'll be working
> >on getting the tensor representation completely in place.
> >

> How are things going?

I haven't had time to program much the last couple of days so
tabulate_tensor is in the same shape as before = somewhat working but
needs testing + bug fixes + formatting fixes.

I'll get back to it tomorrow.

> I'm have a bug or two to fix in evaluate_dof for integral moments
> and will then fix evaluate_dofs.
> Need to sort out FIAT normal directions before correct code is
> generated for RT/BDM though.
> Otherwise good.

Splendid.

> Can we move the prefetching of the various format["..."] into the
> global scope of codegeneration.py
> or is that evil?

Isn't it quite useful to have it in each function so we can see
clearly which formatting rules are used by each function?

--
Anders