Re: integral meta-data

On 23/05/10 14:59, Anders Logg wrote:
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 03:32:51PM +0200, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
On 23 May 2010 15:08, Garth N. Wells<gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 23/05/10 13:58, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 23 May 2010 12:51, Kristian Oelgaard<k.b.oelgaard@xxxxxxxxx>    wrote:

On 23 May 2010 12:14, Garth N. Wells<gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>    wrote:

Where are we at with attaching data to integrals? The quadrature order
can
be attached, but I's like to do:

    dS({"representation": "tensor"})

Is this supported by FFC?

It looks like this is already supported in FFC.
Note that the representation must be the same on each subdomain (this
is also a requirement for quadrature_degree).

  dS(0, {"representation": "tensor"}) + dS(0, {"representation":
"quadrature"})

is not possible, but

  dS(1, {"representation": "tensor"}) + dS(0, {"representation":
"quadrature"})

OK.

    dS(0, {"representation": "tensor"}) \
  + dS(0, {"representation": "tensor"})

works, but

    dS({"representation": "tensor"}) \
  + dS({"representation": "tensor"})

doesn't. Seems like a bug.

It's because domain_id is not a keyword argument in the __call__
function of Measure.
I changed this such that you can do:

  dS(metadata={"representation": "tensor"}) \
  + dS(metadata={"representation": "tensor"})

Turns out I can't use this anyway because facet normals are not supported by
FFC with the tensor representation,

    ffc.tensor.monomialextraction.MonomialException: No handler defined for
terminal FacetNormal

I don't know if this is just because it is not implemented yet, or
because it is not possible to support this with
tensor representation.

It's possible to support (and has been before), but I removed some
"extra features" of the tensor representation since those were
supported by quadrature anyway.

It would be nice to have the normal vector working. Does it work for exterior integrals? The exterior case is very common.

Garth

--
Anders