firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: Re: Using FWTS for Certification

Just following this up.

So, I *think* I can provide a solution using the following mechanism. I am proposing to add two extra command line options:

--filter-error-discard
--filter-error-keep

these are mutually exclusive options, so you can't use both at the same time.

--filter-error-discard is supplied a comma separated list of fwts error labels that you don't want reported, e.g.

fwts s3 --filter-error-discard=DevConfigDiffAfterS3,ShortSuspend

..and fwts will run the test but not report these as errors. It will effectively silently discard these. So it is an "opt-out" mechanism.

Alternatively, one can specify the errors you just want reported, e.g.

fwts s3 --filter-error-keep=BadWakeAlarmS3,DevConfigDiffAfterS3

..so fwts will run the test and *only* report these errors.

I *could* also make an option where one can list the errors in a filter file, but for now, lets see if these two options solve your issues.

What do you think Brendan?

If I don't get any response by end of year, I will drop this feature for Raring and it will be carried over to Raring+1.

Colin