folding-at-home team mailing list archive

Correction to Stanford Power Outage

I did not receive a new WU but was at least able to turn in the
completed unit. Took that box offline to deal with some hardware issues
it's having.

Gremlins from my house traveled via the 'net to Stanford it seems. I was
having power issues too several hours before. Two of my four boxes (with
somewhat inferior power supplies) kept having power failures. Removed
the gremlin infested piece of hardware (a bad graphics card in the
Mythbuntu box, now all is well except for the ones who apparently
escaped.

Twenty servers still completely down, plus numerous other offline or not
accepting.

Good opportunity for a little upgrading and/or maintenance.

Dan