folding-at-home team mailing list archive

Re: Hello, and Welcome!

> ...[snip]...  What I'd like is some way to run these applications without
> conflicting with my running of Skype,  I can sometimes video
> conference 10 hours a day so obviously I don't want to just disable
> Folding for the sake of it but rather find a way to scale operations.

Well one solution, on the Ubuntu side of things, would be to run
origami with the cron setting on. This allows you to auto-start/stop
Folding at specific times of the day. The default cron setting
disables folding between 8am-5pm, but otherwise runs as usual. You
might give that a try..

--
Christer Edwards
.: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com :.