folding-at-home team mailing list archive

FahMon config

Swoody,

I have installed FahMon on my laptop (which doesn't do folding) to
monitor desktops on the LAN. The notfred running on the Win 7 comes up
okay via http, but I can't get the others running Linux natively to
display their data. Since we have a mixed network and to keep it simple
for my wife's Win 7 box, I use Samba to access the network.

When I show the message window, these lines are included.

[26/01/10 - 01:36:09.685] X Directory smb://xeon-x-2/fah/ does not exist
or cannot be read!

[26/01/10 - 01:36:09.983] X Directory smb://danbuntu/fah1/ does not
exist or cannot be read!

[26/01/10 - 01:36:09.993] X Directory smb://crankybox/Crankybox Crank/
does not exist or cannot be read!

[26/01/10 - 01:36:09.993] X Directory smb://tux-tv/F@H-Tux-TV/ does not
exist or cannot be read!

[26/01/10 - 01:36:09.994] X Directory smb://danbuntu/fah2/ does not
exist or cannot be read!

But if I double click the client name in the FahMon window, it brings up
the proper directory in Nautilus. If I double click the notfred, of
course it doesn't have the correct Samba path. And if I edit it to its
Samba path (no http), it acts just like the others.

Any idea what's going on?

If I can get this thing fixed, I'm expanding. Otherwise it's kind of
insane trying to keep up with what I have going already, let alone add
any more clients. I would like to run two on the dual xeon if it can't
do SMP 2 fast enough (only 2.4Ghz Prestonias [sse2]). They can
hyper-thread, but they are just essentially Northwood core cpus that can
access dual channel memory. Theoretically they could do smp 4, but I'm
not reading anything that leads me to believe that will speed things up
and could actually have the opposite effect. I can get CPUs that have
1MB L3 cache for this MB, but they're too expensive considering energy
consumption over the long haul and the instruction set is outdated with
no 64-bit or ssse3 or better.

Dan

Follow ups