Re: Fuel Library branch status update

As Vladimir & Dmitry P. assured me, merges performed are not that painful
as it could be. We agreed that such "push -f" MUST NEVER happen again.
Hopefully, it is not even possible for the code on stackforge, but we still
have to care about Fuel Library (github.com/Mirantis/fuel.git).

Simple rebase, or more complicated
one<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4084868/how-do-i-recover-resynchronise-after-someone-pushes-a-rebase-or-a-reset-to-a-pub>
should
help for those who based on commits which were modified by master rebase.

Currently we have two main branches in all repos:

   1. master. This is for 4.0 release, and all development and bug fixes
   should go here.
   2. 3.2-fixes. This is for 3.2.1 maintenance release, and all fixes which
   go to master and considered as required for 3.2.1, must be submitted to
   this branch as well.

For further development, there is the following suggestion (which we tried
to follow unless started to do crazy things. Now we just need to agreed and
create branching policy):

   1. Stay as much as possible compliant to OpenStack branching model
   2. Keep the work in *master *branch
   3. When code freeze is announced, create *stable/<version> *branch. This
   branch should be used only for release fixes, no new features should be
   accepted. *master *branch will be used for new features. Fixes proposed
   to stable/<version> branch, of course, should be pull requested into master
   too.
   4. When release comes out, we tag corresponding commits.

Does this sound as a good approach? Any concerns / suggestions? For the
current situation - is it Ok to proceed with suggested approach, or we need
to consider something else?

Thanks,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM, Dmitry Borodaenko <dborodaenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx