Re: Ceph & Cinder: unclear UX in Fuel 4.0

>>> The whole UX with only checkboxes doesn't look like ideal solution
>>to me. What do you think folks, should we file a blueprint and
>>implement better UX for it in future versions?
>>
>>TBH I would have a single checkbox in the wizard that would enable all
>>Ceph options. Not sure what we can do about the checkboxes in the
>>settings tab though.
>>
>In UI we can let the customer to choose which backend (LVM, default /
>Ceph / Swift, if applicable / anything-new-goes-here ) to use for which
>storage type ( Ephemeral / Block / Object / File-level ), as a drop-down
>lists.

The hope was that the majority of users would make their choices only in
the Wizard.  This would by default implement the most common model with
the highest chance of successfully deployment with minimal knowledge or
additional configuration.  The settings page is for folks that really know
what they're doing and want more control over the deployment.

So the settings page can be made more complex and complete, but let's
continue to keep the Wizard as simple as possible.  I recognize that
there's perhaps more options for storage than are displayed today, so we
may have to be creative about asking the minimum number of questions up
front.  Perhaps the Wizard itself needs to be tiered - I.e.

What kind of block storage will you be using?
	- filesystem on LVM
	- Ceph only
	- Cinder  [if selected, another two buttons pop up]
		- using LVM volumes over iSCSI?
		- using Ceph?

What kind of storage for Glance will you be using?
	- default (filesystem in multi-node, swift for HA)
	- Ceph

If we install Swift by default for customer object storage, and it's not
very common for customers to choose ceph rados-gw, perhaps we can continue
to leave that out of the Wizard for now and keep it in Settings.

-Dave Easter