Re: Disk allocation for MongoDB role

On 03/26/2014 02:15 PM, Maksim Mazur wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to create disk allocation rule for MongoDB role. (MongoDB is
> NoSQL backend for Ceilometer)
>

> I have no experience with high-loaded MongoDB single instances or
> ReplicaSets.
>
> For the first view having a dedicated drive or raid array for MondoDB
> data looks like good idea for large installations but it is overkill for
> small stacks.
> And I'm not sure is it possible to use dedicated drive if MongoDB role
> applyed on Controller.
>

> Could you please help me with task?
>

> Best Regards,
> Max Mazur.

Hi all.

I suggest to follow the existing guideline Fuel UI provides for disks
configuration for nodes. As a start, you could create a new blueprint to
define new storage ("Mongo DB Storage") for Nailgun UI to be used by
Fuel on provision stage.

There are a similar tasks with "Openstack DB Storage" (in TODO list) and
separated "Logs Storage" ( see
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/manage-logs-with-free-space-consideration
for BP
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/manage-logs-with-free-space-consideration
)

Note: the blueprint was not approved yet, but I believe some patterns
could be reused for Mongo/Openstack DB storages as well... E.g. the
sections 'Fuel-UI requirements', 'Planning disk partitions, RAID type,
logical volume for Remote Logs Storage'.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,