UI/Nailgun integration meeting notes

Guys,

On yesterday meeting about UI/Nailgun integration I was mostly talked about
current status of features, but there also was some great ideas on how
future features needs to be implemented:

   1. As for hypervisor configuration, we decided to make a separate screen
   for it. It should be like screens for disks and interfaces configuration.
   It is needed to configure nodes in batch, as we decided that this
   functionality is essential. To avoid yet another button on node
   configuration panel, we decided to move all batch actions under a dropdown.
   2. As for running network verification before deployment, we decided to
   add a checkbox in the deployment confirmation dialog. We decided not to add
   deployment/provision checkboxes as it was proposed before, as
   deployment/provisioning separation feature is not supposed to be used from
   UI. If network verification fails, deployment won't be started. But if user
   is sure that his network configuration is ok, he can uncheck and deployment
   will be started without network checks.
   3. As for nodes network configuration invalidation after network
   settings change, there were 2 ideas about how we can warn a user:
      1. After network configuration is saved, show a table with a list of
      nodes with invalid configuration with links to interfaces configuration.
      2. After network configuration is saved, show a simple warning that
      configuration for some nodes it not valid anymore and somehow highlight
      these nodes in the list of nodes, so user could know which nodes
should be
      reconfigured. This approach seems to be better because of batch interface
      configuration can be used to reconfigure nodes.
      4. As for ability not to partition chosen disks and write boot sector
   on them there were 2 ideas:
      1. Don't touch disk at all if user left all disk space unallocated.
      Every partitioned drive will have boot sector. No UI
modifications required.
      2. Return "make bootable" checkbox for every disk so user can
      manually mark disks which he wants to make bootable.

--
Vitaly Kramskikh,
Software Engineer,

Follow ups