Fuel and Ceph: boot from volume <- create volume from image

Hi Fuelers,

One of my customers is testing Fuel 5.0 w/ Ceph. He's trying to boot a VM
from a volume, using qcow2 image as a source for volume creation. What
we're seeing (Nikita in CC was helping w/ troubleshooting) is:
- image is copied from Glance (which uses Ceph as backend)
- image is converted from qcow2 to raw
- new RBD volume is created from raw image

Looks kinda suboptimal - given both image and boot volume being hosted on
Ceph I'd expect copy-on-write cloning to work.

Q1) Are there some limitations here, like images stored on Ceph should be
in RAW initially?
Q2) Would the same (images should be in raw) apply to boot from image
scenario, when VM's ephemeral disk is stored on Ceph?

Thoughts much appreciated. If necessary I can arrange for someone to take a
look at customer's pod

---
Regards,
Dmitriy