Re: Some questions around "Networks" tab

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Dmitriy Novakovskiy
<dnovakovskiy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1) All networks support (multiple) ranges, only public has this shown
>> (but they all should have them displayed). This is necessary in the
>> event that you have a large network, for example /20 but want to use
>> addresses from multiple segments. Alternately your range may be
>> partially used in the middle, but you want/need to use the addresses
>> around the range.
>

> So does it mean that there's a bug and other networks should have "plus"
> button too? Is it reported, or do I need to report one?

It is not reported.

>> really the floating network address should be under the public range,
>> another
>> issue I need to raise.
>

> Just to double-check - do you mean "under" on GUI (positioning) or "under" -
> one range is a subset of another :) ?

GUI positioning. Also now that I think about it there is some
code/calculating logic that needs to be tweaked too. The current
method is to require that the public range is exclusive of the
floating range, but this is hard for the user to ensure that they
don't intersect. The user shouldn't need to worry too much about this,
instead the addresses should just be marked as allocated in the db the
same as the vip and management are, that way fuel absolutely avoids
provisioning the floating range, but the user doesn't have all kinds
of annoying data entry needs.