Re: Replacing failed controller in Fuel

thanks guys,

Q3. So do i understand correctly that some earlier existing behavior (when
adding a controller caused all controllers to re-deploy and, in turn, API
downtime (not sure about DB data loss)) is no longer the case?
Q4. Is there a documented "workaround" for corosync addition?
Q5. I have a user who's facing sporadic issues with the controller
substitution workflow that we've discussed here. Sometimes new controller
is added fine, sometimes issues occur. Should I ask for Fuel screenshots,
diagnostic snapshots, all together?

---
Regards,

*Dmitriy Novakovskiy*
Sales Engineer, Mirantis EMEA

*Skype:* dmitriy.novakovskiy
*Operating from:* Ukraine

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Vladimir Kuklin <vkuklin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> new node corosync insertion issue is related to
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1312627 and will be addressed in 5.1
> release.
>

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Sergii Golovatiuk <
> sgolovatiuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dmitriy,
>>
>> The algorithm you described is correct. Currently, Fuel is really close
>> to the procedure you describe.
>>
>> 1. Remove controller from environment
>> Puppet will remove the controller from files, services re-triggered.
>> Though, the case requires one manual step from operator as corosync can't
>> remove/add new node to redundant ring protocol on the fly.
>> 2. Not a problem and already implemented.
>> 3. Everything should work fine except insertion a new node to corosync.
>>
>> We have a blueprint to tune/fix corosync additional/removal nodes. I hope
>> this functionality will be implemented soon.
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Sergii Golovatiuk,
>> Skype #golserge
>> IRC #holser
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Dmitriy Novakovskiy <
>> dnovakovskiy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Fuelers,
>>>
>>> I recently got a question from one of the prospects - what should Fuel
>>> user do if one of the OpenStack controllers fails (completely) and there's
>>> a need to replace it with new box.
>>>
>>> My educated guess was:
>>> 1. Remove controller from the environment in Fuel UI (*Q1:* is it
>>> actually possible? assuming that server is out and Fuel won't be able to do
>>> cleanup)
>>> 2. Get new controller discovered