Re: Fuel master node upgrade - bugs statuses

> There's been a number of decisions already impacting UX in a negative way
(confusing versioning in OpenStack patching, large size of the upgrade
tarball, issues with containers) and we just can't afford going down the
slippery slope.
These are rather side effects than "decisions".

   - "confusing versioning in OpenStack patching" - if we didn't change
   puppet manifests and Fuel/OpenStack reference architecture in next Fuel
   versions, then it would be as simple as patching from 5.0 to 5.1. But it
   appeared to be more complicated system than you would initially think of,
   so in general 5.0.2 may not be equal to 5.1, that's where all things come
   up. If we had OpenStack upgrades, then we could just say 5.0 -> 6.0 - easy.
   - "large size of the upgrade tarball" - it goes from the feature which
   is not yet complete. We can choose here - to deliver it as is (with large
   tarball), or wait one more release when it will be fixed. We chose approach
   which seemed to be balanced: users can start using upgrades, and we can
   improve UX over time.
   - "issues with containers" - we have same issues with everything. Let's
   take Galera, for example. It's just issues. We can question maturity of
   tools we use, and here I'd agree - we spent too much fixing issues around
   Docker. At the same time, if we were about taking our own journey with LXC,
   we would likely spend even more time inventing our own bicycle.

> I would like to understand how bad the issue is. I.e.
Evgeny, please respond on those. Also, I'd like to ask everyone to provide
such information in every bug you report if possible (or if get this info
later, put comments): in many bug reports it is unclear to understand how
severe issue is.

Thanks,