Re: Future

On Dec 19 2012, Bob Paddock wrote:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Edward Hennessy <ehennes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  it.  If it makes better sense to use C++ & Qt, that's fine too.  Yes,
  the same goes for file formats.

For file formats take a look at YAML.  Lets not invent our own format,
when parser exist of may languages.

May also want to put C# on the list.

Please no.  It is an absolute nightmare to install a program in any
.NET thing on a thousand different computers that are all configured
differently, ie. Windows.

C++/CLI is a nice language to use too, bringing many of the conveniences of C# like garbage collection, but the Microsoft compiler is the only complete one I know of.

Very nice for writing GUIs in, and Windows forms isn't so bad either IMO.