Re: Future

On Dec 19 2012, Bob Paddock wrote:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Edward Hennessy <ehennes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  it.  If it makes better sense to use C++ & Qt, that's fine too.  Yes,
  the same goes for file formats.

For file formats take a look at YAML.  Lets not invent our own format,
when parser exist of may languages.

When I met DJ, Stuart, Ales and Steve in Boston recently, we discussed file formats (for gEDA's future), and we all agreed it would never be a good idea to home-brew a syntax parser again.

The two mooted as credible possibilities, and having good library support existing were XML and JSON.

Note that we still need to "invent" how we use these syntaxes, as just saying XML, JSON / YAML is obviosuly not enough to specify the file format.

Regards,

Peter Clifton