Re: [geda-user] Revert "Reset refdes number to the question mark when parts are copied"

On Sep 8, 2013, at 12:08 PM, Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Edward Hennessy <ehennes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> I'll attach it to the bug, but currently do not have the time to add it
>>> to the build. (TBH, I need to make sure it still _works_ after all the
>>> scheme API work).
>>

>> If one of the scheme experts adds it at some point in the near future,
>> that would be much appreciated.
>
> I'm not going to be able to get to it for at least a week because I'll
> be on holiday.

The delay will not cause a problem for me and thanks for looking into it.
This functionality will save time when cutting and pasting common parts like
bypass/decoupling capacitors, pull-up resistors, etc...

>> It seems to me that the function to reset the refdes belongs in libgeda,
>> but should be called from the scheme hook instead of the gschem source
>> code. This way, the functionality is both configurable and the gaf
>> command line tool could use the functionality in the future to reset
>> all refdes for a schematic.
>
> The gaf command line tool can already access all Scheme code in the
> library (via `gaf shell').

Would there be a way to use the tool to reset all the refdes on a series
of flat schematics?

Cheers,
Ed